During the summer months, it’s important to stay hydrated and feel cool! Why not try these DIY fruit popsicles with a little bit of Waterbridge chocolate drizzle? This cool treat is something no one will be able to resist, especially the little ones.
With so many seasonal fruits to choose from, this recipe is easily customizable as a healthy dessert for lunch or dinner on any given day. In-season summer fruits include: apricots, plums, cherries, blackberries, nectarines, strawberries and peaches. Bonus: You can visit farms within Toronto/the GTA to pick your own fruits! We recommend visiting Whittamore’s Farm or Downey’s Farm. Make sure you get there early, as these are popular summer spots for Toronto families to have summer fun.
Summer Popsicles with Toronto’s Best Waterbridge Chocolate
Individual servings: 10 - 12
Preparation: 20 - 30 minutes
Total time: 5 - 6 hours
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1 - 1.5 pounds of seasonal fruit of your choice, cut into cubed pieces
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces of Waterbridge Belgian dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of solid coconut oil
- Popsicle mould tray (You can buy this at your local dollar or craft store)
- Purée the cubed pieces of seasonal fruit in the blender.
- Add the honey and lime juice into the blender while the fruit is being puréed.
- Once puréed, pour the mixture into the popsicle moulds.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
- When you are nearly ready to serve your popsicles, melt the Waterbridge dark chocolate.
- Break the Waterbridge chocolate bar into pieces and place into a bowl.
- Add the solid coconut oil into the bowl and microwave for 10 seconds at a time. You must stir the mixture after each 10-second interval, until it reaches a liquid-like consistency.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer and the moulds, placing them on a parchment-lined tray.
- Remember, moving quickly is key! Use a spoon to drizzle the perfectly melted chocolate sauce in a back and forth pattern.
- Once finished, place the popsicles with the tray, back into the freezer. Remove the popsicles when you are ready for a cool summer treat!