As you may or may not know, Easter is coming early this year! Which is great news for those of us who love Easter, but not so great for anyone who isn’t exactly prepared. If “not exactly prepared” is hitting a little too close to home then this recipe for adorable Mini Egg nests is perfect for you!
10 Minute Mini Egg Nests
What you’ll Need:
- One small pot
- One medium mixing bowl
- One bar of Waterbridge 400g Belgian Milk Chocolate
- One bag of Waterbridge 400g Mini Eggz
- One bag of balloons
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Basket Shred in any colour (we chose green)
Yields: 30 Chocolate Nests
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Setting Time: 1 Hour
- Add an inch to an inch and a half of water to your small pot and bring it to a boil on the stove.
- While waiting for your water to boil; blow up your balloons so they are slightly full of air. Keep in mind that the bottom of the balloon will be the size of your nest.
- Once your water is boiling; break your chocolate bar into squares and place them into your mixing bowl. Then, place the mixing bowl on top of your pot of boiling water, the steam from the boiling water will perfectly melt your chocolate without burning it!
- Continue to stir the chocolate as it melts to break down any chunks.
- Once the chocolate has melted remove it from the heat. Spray the bottom of your balloon with cooking oil and dip it into the melted chocolate. Make sure to coat the chocolate on thick so the sides of your nest don’t break when you remove the balloon.
- Place the dipped balloons on a tray covered with a piece of parchment paper. Make sure to spray the parchment paper with cooking oil as well so the chocolate cups don’t stick to the paper!
- Place the cups in the fridge for at least an hour. Once the chocolate has hardened; pop and remove the balloons, decorate the cup with basked shred, add a few mini eggs and voila, you have yourself an adorable mini egg nest!
What Will You Make with Mini Eggs?
We’d love to see what you create using our Waterbridge products this Easter! Please send your recipes and pictures to email@example.com for the chance to have them featured on our Facebook page. For more information on where to purchase our Waterbridge Mini Eggz and Waterbridge 400g Belgian Milk Chocolate bars check out our where to buy page here and have a Happy Easter!