Easter is the perfect holiday to share in some recipe creation with your kids. This easy Easter Thumbprint Cookie Recipe is kid-friendly and uses our delicious Waterbridge milk chocolate Mini Eggz. Add a little more fun, texture and colour to your Easter this year!
- 1 1/2 cups of softened salted butter (3 sticks)
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Waterbridge Swiss chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- Waterbridge Mini Eggz
Yields approximately 36 servings.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large-sized bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the butter until it is smooth.
- On a slow speed, blend in icing sugar and continue on a slow speed while adding flour.
- Roll out the dough in approximately 1/4 of an inch in thickness.
- Cut the dough into small circles and place on parchment paper or a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Call your kids over and let them use their thumbs to imprint the cookies!
- Bake the cookies for 12 -15 minutes (until it’s a little bit golden in color).
- Allow the cookies to cool fully on a rack.
- Melt the Waterbridge Swiss chocolate and 1 tbsp of butter until smooth.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then pour it into the cookies little thumbprints.
- Finally, place a Waterbridge Mini Egg onto the chocolate thumbprint!
An Extra Delicious Touch
With this recipe, you can add a simple extra touch for your guests! Purchase clear cellophane bags and colourful ribbon from your local craft or dollar store. Then place a few extra cookies in the bag and tie it with the ribbon (you may as well toss in some extra Mini Eggz!). Your guests will be pleasantly surprised when you hand them a bag when they are leaving. We will not be held responsible for crumbs in the car.